This weekend was the annual Castles and Kites Festival at Doran Beach. Shea and I have been talking about going for a few years but it has never worked out. It looked like it might not again this year. I reminded Shea that it was coming and that I would really like to go and he reminded me that he has been putting off doing a brake job on his truck for a long time. Grinding when braking was a little embarrassing for a mechanic. This is not completely his fault, I do hand out a pretty good honey do list. Well I still really wanted to go so I asked some friends and what good friends they were. They spent the day at the ocean with us.
We packed the cars up in the morning and we off. We arrived at the beach after a beautiful drive, just in time for a picnic lunch. We ate our sandwiches with an emphasis on the SAND. The wind was blowing but the weather was gorgeous. The kids all had a great time. There were many amazing kites to enjoy and Becki even picked up one for the kids to fly. The nice breeze helped them out and they had no problem at all getting it to fly. None of the normal running to get is started. We did have plenty of running just not to fly kites. The wind would grab our garbage once in a while and someone would chase is down the beach to catch it. I was very happy to see the kids working so hard at keeping the beach clean. After we enjoyed lunch and played in the sand and water for a while and then we took a walk down the beach to check out the castles. There were some really great ones. We were all wowed by what the people had done. Very talented! After walking back up the beach the kids were getting tired and cold and were ready to go, so we packed up and enjoyed another beautiful drive on the way home. Thank you, Leah, Becki, Colleen and your kids for a great day. I really look forward to next year!
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Castles and Kites!
This picture does not do the size of these kites justice.
This alligator that was in the bottom right is 25 feet long.
Me and Eden and Leah and Rory hanging out.
Every time we go to the beach, Seth buries himself.
Noah built a tent out of sticks and his towel to protect him from the wind.
Becki was awesome!
She helped the kids make a castle of their own.
Crazy Rock Stars! Love my girl.
My handsome boys.
Here are some of the fabulous castles that were built.
Briella, Rory and Eden watching the build.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















1 comments:
What a fun day and what a GREAT idea!
Post a Comment