On the 6th day of spring break we spent our morning getting our house somewhat back to normal after a very busy week. Then we were off to the Roller Derby. I made lots of signs to hold up and cheer on our team, the Rude Girls and our favorite player, the Red Tornado. They said "Rude Girls Roll", "We love the Red Tornado", "Rink Rash is Sexy", "Derby Girls are Hell on Wheels" and "I want to be a Derby Girl". During the first half we yelled, screamed and cheered our hearts out even though we really had no idea what was going on. During the half time show they had a Peeps eating contest. Noah wanted to do it so Hannah (the Red Tornado) took him up and he asked the announcer. She thought it was great. He was the only kid. He was up against 4 large adults and he held his own. The announcer only really announced Noah and how he was doing. The whole crowd was cheering him on. He didn't end up winning but he came really close. At the end I ran up and held the box under his mouth. He looked like he was about to puke. I was very proud of Noah for trying, he is usually very shy. Way to go Noah! After that we decided to head out, the bout started late. It was already 9pm and we had one more place to go. After the Roller Derby we took the kids to Leatherbys. It is an ice cream store that a small dish of ice cream is really a large bowl. They sell a sundae that is the size of a bowling ball. We all ate our fill and then headed home.

Noah looks so tiny next to the other contestants.
Look at those drippy pink Peeps lips. I just want to kiss them.






0 comments:
Post a Comment