Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Birthday Party!

I know that I am generally crazy! But I am so crazy about birthdays! I love to do them up big! This year for Eden's 6th birthday, we did a pajama party. It was so fun and really very easy a little bit of prep work but the party its self was a breeze.

This year Eden is in kindergarten and she wanted to invite the whole class. We compromised with all the girls and a few more of her close friends. I sent out 17 invitations, wanting everyone to come but not expecting everyone to be able to. This was not the case all but one girl came. I already said I do birthdays big so it should not be a surprise when I say that I made pajama bottoms and sleep masks for them. This was also a compromise, Eden wanted robes and slippers too. After I knew who was coming I headed to the fabric store in search of a fabric for all these jammies. Eden's birthday is Valentines Day so I really like to include hearts in everything. I found the perfect fabric, pink, rainbows, and hearts. All stuff little girls love. I was going to pick up a package of white t-shirts for the tops, maybe dye them if I had time. But, I was very excited find these adorable t-shirts at Walmart for only $1.50 each. How perfect are they! "I ♥ MY BFF". I also pick up at the dollar store a couple packages of different hair bands and clips and some gift bags to keep their regular clothes in. 

On party day, as the girls arrived they got their jammies changed and then did each others hair as we waited for everyone to get there. Once everyone had arrived I turned on the radio and we had a dance party pillow fight for at least an hour. I didn't plan anything else, over the years I have learned that all they really want to do is play. Eden opened presents and received lots of really fun things from her friends. While I was playing with the girls, my very good friend Leah made dessert. I bought disposable pot pie pans so that each girl could have their own Pizookie (a very yummy dessert they make at BJ's restaurant, a large fresh hot cookie with ice cream on top). They loved it and I loved the clean up. That was pretty much it for the main party. Eden wanted it to be a sleep over. I know I am crazy but not that crazy. Seventeen 6 year olds, NOT happening! With another compromise we had a few girls sleepover. We ended up having 7 extra little girls that night. They were really good and only stayed up until 11. We had pancakes in the morning and girls went home. Then Eden started talking about next year. What have I done!
The invite.
The birthday girl.
The girls doing each others hair.
Pillow Fight!
Lots of fun gifts from her friends.
Yummy Pizookies and Ice Cream!
The whole bunch of crazy girls!
Rory, Eden and Michaela. BFF's!
Eden and Taylor.
The sleep over crowd.
 

0 comments: