Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Once in a Blue Moon

Definition of a Blue Moon - the second full moon in a month, it happens every 2-3 years.

For those of you who did not know, we ended this last year with a Blue Moon. A Blue Moon falling on Dec 31st only happens every 19 years. I guess you could say that it only happens once in a Blue Moon. Ha Ha :) I did not know this until my Dad called me on the 30th and asked if I would take some pictures of the moon. I was very excited to be lucky enough to see it. The clouds held out for a while but so did I. I waited patiently for breaks in the clouds and I was able to snap a few really nice pictures of the Blue Moon. This was exciting for me because my youngest brother, Mark's Birthday is the 31st. So at my Dads request I braved the frigid temperatures and with icicles hanging for my ears, nose and fingers, I got pictures of the real Blue Moon. (just kidding Dad)






The Blue Moon - December 31 2009

I call this one Mickey Mouse Blue Moon
It looks to me like clearings in the clouds are the shape of Mickey Mouse ears

This is my brother's birthday card I put together for my Mom and Dad

0 comments: